Thursday 30 August 2012

Traveling in Ontario

We had a great summer of traveling.   On our way to Sudbury we went to the Bonnechere Caves in Eganville.  It was a fun place to explore and it was a great break from the  heat of the day. We visited Dynamic Earth and the Science North, once we got to Sudbury.  What great places to visit, the kids had lots of fun.  We went into a mine under Science North. Mining certainly has changed over the years.  I can truthfully say that I could not handled being under ground for 8 hours a day.  Hats off to the Men and Women that are miners.

The most fun I had was panning for gold, that I could do for long periods of time. It is set up at Dynamic Earth just a large box full of sand and water with some gold dust thrown into it.  I was able to find a fleck for each of us to bring home.
 



The boys after the visit to the caves. The caves are a guided tour, there is one branch that you can climb into one end and come out around the corner from where you started.




I would have loved for this to be my ride......but alas I have to take 3 other people with me and all of the stuff we had along for the trip. The boys weren't so sure about it.  So it was back to the SUV, it would have been so much cheaper on gas.




 Holding up the Big Nickle with just his fingers. The biggest coin in the World.












The boys checking out the Honey Wagon, don't worry it was never used. You could roll this around the mine all day for a $1.25 or do hard labor and dig out the mine for the same wage. 
 
 
 
My new pet, this snail was so big. For some reason the Boys and my Sister wouldn't hold it.





I think our trip to Sudbury was a hit, certainly a fun part of our summer vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment